Unpasted Mural Hanging Instructions
These mural hanging instructions are for the A-Decor Photomurals range. You can see them at our Photomurals by A-Decor catalogue. The mural hanging instructions will also give tips for hanging other unpasted murals.
- A packet of paste – comes with our Photomurals from A-Decor
- Bucket or suitable container to mix the paste
- Soft Sponge
- Sharp adjustable blade knife
- Straight edge ruler and or spirit level
- An old sheet or similar object to protect your floor.
- Be sure the wall surface is dry, clean and smooth without old wallpaper and without any holes or cracks
- We recommend washing by sugar soap.
- Pencil mark wall with vertical and horizontal lines to facilitate lining up the first panel.
- Mix up the paste according to the instructions
- Apply the paste liberally on panel
- Do not fold the panels
- Do not soak the paste on the murals more than 1 -2 minutes.
- Place the first panel in the middle-upper or bottom of the wall.
- Work outwards to the edges with other panels.
- Overlap the panels by 1 -2mm as the panels may shrink during the drying.
- Press out air bubbles with a clean wallpaper brush from the centre outwards until smooth.
- Small air bubbles should disappear once the mural has dried.
- Wipe gently any surplus paste from the panel surface with a soft damp sponge before the paste dries.
- Trimming if required, should be done once the mural has dried to prevent tearing.
Mural hanging instructions tips
Colour: We cannot guarantee the colour of this product matches the colour on your monitor. There are just too many ways that the colour can change between the original product and the image on your monitor, not the least of which is that monitors cannot show all possible colours. When decorating we recommend choosing a product first and then after receiving the product select the paint to match. Room Settings do not show true sizes.
Returns: Returns for defects only. Exceptions cannot be made. You must inspect for defects BEFORE hanging. After hanging starts, the mural is not returnable. Always follow the manufacturer’s direction included with the mural.