The following information will help you avoid problems with the sticking up of your stickers. Be assured we have not had problems with the quality of our products. This information is to help you avoid creating a problem that can cause your removables products not to adhere correctly. Nearly all problems with not sticking are related to the wall surface itself or when the wall is not prepared properly rather than the actual stickers themselves.
There are a number of events that can interfere with the adhesion of the stickers:
- If you have recently repainted the wall, you need to wait about six weeks, especially in winter as paint drying time increases, before you can put anything on to the surface. This is because the drying process of paint is really evapouration of the solvents in the paint itself. These solvents will find their way into the adhesive on the stickers and render the “stick” ineffective.
- The manufacturers recommend cleaning of walls before sticking up the product; we suggest you use a product like sugar soap or something similar to get rid of the grime that builds up over time in even the cleanest of households. Then all of the soap must be cleaned and rinsed away.
- Make sure it is really dry & dust free before applying stickers.
- Another problem is trying to put stickers on to painted surfaces that have “Teflon”, “silicone” or similar additives to make them “wash and wear“. Quite properly, these paints have been designed for things not to stick to them to make them easy to clean.
- Apparently, if you have “polyurethaned” the floor in the room recently this can cause a problem. Once again, the process for this drying is very slow (sometimes three months). The fumes that come off the floor are the solvents, which will affect the adhesive in the stickers.
- Some customers have reported problems with concrete, cement and rendered walls. Also, suede effects and other rough surface paints do not allow sufficient surface area to stick to the wall.
- There are cases when little fingers kept removing and putting back the sticker so the adhesive just lost stickiness and got dirty.
- Or occasionally the stickers are not pressed on hard enough.
- It is also recommended that you lay the stickers flat under a phone book or similar for 24 hours.
- Avoid keeping room doors closed in very hot weather.